Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
We are looking for a Red Seal Millwright or Electrician to join our product manufacturing environment as a Maintenance Technician. This is an opportunity for an organized, team player who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere and wants to apply their expertise, helping to create systems and processes as part of this relatively new team.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. It’s a step in the door for someone with the personality to watch and learn; to take ownership and to work under the direction of a supportive manager while having the autonomy to make decisions and solve problems.
- Career development. Array is at a pivotal point, gaining new clients and investing in themselves to accelerate their growth. This is an opportunity to start building a career at a rapidly scaling, Toronto-based global company with a modern production floor and move up to a Group Lead, over into the Design group or play a role on our Continuous Improvement team.
What our new Maintenance Technician will do:
- Install and Maintain. Carry out preventive maintenance, breakdown/corrective maintenance to keep equipment operational.
- Troubleshoot. Correctly diagnose a mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or Pneumatic problem and expedite its repair. Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Repair. Replace faulty mechanical components of machine such as bearings, belts, drives, gears and other related items as needed. Replace faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, and sensors.
- Follow safety standards. Perform ALL work in accordance with ALL established regulatory compliance and safety requirements. Ensure all work is done in support of our values in pride, accountability, integrity, and diligence. Carry out all tasks in the safest manner possible and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Administration. Ensure proper documentation of work performed, parts used and time sheets.
So, how do we know you are the new Maintenance Technician? You have:
- The education. You have passed the Ontario Apprenticeship program as a Millwright or Electrician and you have your Red Seal certification.
- The experience. Minimum 3+ years of experience working in a mechanical or machine shop environment with a comprehensive knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, pneumatics, and some Hydraulics. You have the electrical aptitude and mechanical knowledge to repair and maintain equipment in our machine shop.
- The organization. You can easily prioritize work orders and can juggle multiple projects at once in order to ensure all tasks are done in a timely manner.
- The attitude and flexibility. You are a team player but are equally as productive working independently. You are flexible, adaptable and have a high sense of urgency and dedication.
- The innovation. An avid troubleshooter, you can pull from your knowledge and experience to find the right solution.
- The technical skills. You are comfortable using Microsoft Office and computerized preventative maintenance programs. Experience with PLC’s and the ability to read monitor control schematics is an asset.
The Array way.
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration, and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning, and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.