For over 35 years Array and Summit Manufacturing has been delivering innovation in retail merchandising, point-of-purchase displays, open service systems, fixtures and floor stands. We bring brands to life by creating great retail experiences.
Due to our growth, we are currently looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our team.
This role will be reporting directly to and working under the supervision of the EHS Manager, the EHS Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance to all regulatory requirements related to environmental programs and the health & safety of Array employees, contractors and visitors.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develops and presents EHS training for current employees;
- Maintain and update EHS policies, programs, and reports, as needed (e.g. hazardous waste, storm water sampling, air quality, incident analysis, safe operating procedures etc.);
- Provide technical expertise in special health, safety and environmental areas such as: industrial hygiene, emergency preparedness and response, incident investigation, pollution prevention, waste management, transportation and disposal, and air and water pollution control.
- Support EHS Manager and Array Leadership in ensuring compliance to all applicable EHS legislation, codes and standards;
- Conduct safety and environmental audits and inspections and maintain records;
- Perform safety orientations for all employees, contractors and visitors;
- Maintain and update training records;
- Conduct incident investigations for EHS incidents;
- Support Array’s Early and Safety Return to Work Program, and assist with injury claims management as required;
- Maintain and update Safety Data Sheets and related material;
- Coordinate with outside vendors to complete safety/environmental work as needed;
- Routine monitoring of production to promote safe working conditions;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- ·Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Science Engineering or related discipline required.
- ·3-5 years of relevant EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- ·Experience developing, implementing, evaluating and/or administering health and safety and/or environmental programs
- ·Working knowledge of applicable Environmental, Health and Safety legislation, codes and standards
- ·Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ·Strong organizational and time management skills
- ·Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- ·Spanish speaking would be an asset
- ·Required to travel to sites in Ontario, New York, China and Mexico as needed. Flight travel less than 5%.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.