Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 2300 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, Revlon, CVS and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & General Manager of Array Long Island we are adding an experienced, goal-achieving, deadline oriented Director, Warehouse & Logistics to our team in Long Island. A Director, Warehouse & Logistics to lead internal teams; align people, processes and systems with our goals; and communicate closely with the executive leadership. This is a career-building opportunity for someone with expertise in inventory control, warehouse systems and overseeing a team in a product manufacturing environment. It’s a chance to be part of a growing global organization; a chance to have your voice heard and make an impact as part of our organization-wide transformation.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. You want to drive the inventory and warehouse processes and apply your passion for logistics at a scaling company. You want the autonomy to make decisions and the trust that you will do your job effectively.
- Impact and exposure. You are looking for a company you can commit to; one where you can make an immediate, positive impact aligning our business needs with our functional needs.
- Challenges. You want to step up to the plate and offer insights and expertise into warehouse systems and processes. You want to build internal relationships and increase efficiencies on the team. You are ready to face a new scenario, new issues and new solutions every day.
What our new Director, Warehouse and Logistics will do:
- Instill a positive culture of change. Work closely across all levels to bring about positive change that aligns with our goals.
- Maintain the physical condition of the warehouse. Plan and implement new design layouts, inspect equipment, issue work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Oversee inventory control activities. Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Implement material flow improvement activities. For the plant and warehouse:
- Establish metrics to be met/exceeded by Array warehouses and 3PL’s.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for technology enhancements
- Coordinate management, organization and disposal of salvaged, damaged, returned or unused material.
- Drive a best-in-class safety culture. Ensure:
- Compliance with all safety related programs
- Material-handling equipment is safely and efficiently utilized within the operation.
- Manage the execution of physical inventory strategy. Oversee daily cycle counts, on-going cycle count, and physical inventory schedules.
- Collaborate. Liaise with internal and external clients, operations staff, senior management and others affiliated with the warehouse operation and inventory process.
- Lead. Oversee day to day assignments of Inventory Specialists including inventory assignments, audits and other projects. Supervise, coach and grow assigned warehouse personnel including goal setting, annual reviews, on-going training, and performance management.
- Utilize the Warehouse Management System to ensure:
- Management of cycle counting/adjustment/FIFO programs.
- Productivity and optimization of space utilization (efficient material placement, etc.).
- Accuracy (to floor and system of record).
- Budget. Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
So, how do we know you are the new Director, Warehouse and Logistics? You have:
- The education. Diploma or degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related.
- The experience. 5+ years progressive warehouse, logistics or supply chain experience. Solid technical skills including a familiarity with logistics and inventory warehouse software and the ability to learn new systems quickly. Exposure to a WIP (work-in-progress) product manufacturing environment is preferred.
- The accuracy and the innovation. Strong attention to detail, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and highly organized. Capable of planning a budget with the Director and managing a schedule of temporary employees.
- The drive and motivation. Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles in a time-sensitive environment. Flexible and with a high sense of urgency and dedication.
- The leadership and interpersonal skills. A proven coach and motivator with the ability to gain the trust of a team and guide their work. Excellent verbal and written communication. The ability to build relationships and the comfort to reach out to internal and external contacts to request information. Experience writing routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate in Spanish is a significant asset.
The Array way.
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.