Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision.Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
Array is adding a Junior Design Engineer to the team in Bay Shore, Long Island to support increased demand. This is a chance for a new or recent grad to be part of a growing global organization while building your career right here in Long Island. This is an opportunity for someone inspired by the process of converting an idea into a reality. It’s a chance for a Junior Design Engineer to coordinate activities involved in the planning, design and fabrication of retail displays.
With hands-on technical skill and knowledge gained through your studies or work term placements, you are familiar with manufacturing materials and processes such as fabrication, injection molding and thermoforming used to render models and units. You believe contract winning prototypes are created through a strong relationship between Engineer and Model Maker. You are equally comfortable working with other engineers, designers, sales and external contacts; an invaluable team player, you thrive in a laid-back but fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you
- A collaborative atmosphere. You want to be part of a team and a company where you can reach out to anyone to gather information, ask a question or run an idea past. This is a low-ego environment where we share knowledge and ideas; provide and accept feedback.
- Empowerment. You are given the autonomy to make decisions and trusted to do your job well, in a timely manner. You will have an opportunity to suggest tools to further support your role - such as a planogram program - and present your case for consideration.
- Impact and exposure. You are looking for a company you can commit to; one where you can build your career. As a leader in the industry, we work with Revlon, Ulta and Flower to name just a few brands. You will face interesting design and display challenges as you create the plans. You will gain exposure to a range of manufacturing departments as we design, plan and build our displays in-house. From vacuum forming, acrylic molding, wood works, and metal capabilities, you will gain expansive knowledge of the industry. Through the practical application of what you learn you will be in a position to segue into an Engineering role. Your work will impact our client relationships and our growth.
What our new Junior Design Engineer will do under the direction and supervision of the Senior Design Engineers:
- Research and analyze. Evaluate the data within the design proposal and specifications to determine feasibility of the fabrication. Create working drawings of designs. Ensure the display is mechanically sound and designed for manufacturability.
- Work in tandem with the Production Department. Liaise with toolmakers during development and production phases.
- Interact with Model Makers. Present ideas to the Model Shop, evaluate feedback, and direct the build.
- Implement Engineering Change Notices (ECNs). Document, submit and communicate changes to design or production.
- Conduct first article inspection. Plan methods and direct procedures for testing products.
- Ensure displays conform to engineering design and customer specifications. Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities.
- Evaluate outsourced work. Conduct inspection and assessment of the third-party manufacturing and installation. Recommend design modifications to improve the display.
- Assure the quality of assigned product or component. Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, and test. Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records. Communicate significant issues, innovate solutions and provide recommended process improvements to management.
So, how do we know you are the Junior Design Engineer for us? You have:
- The education. A degree or diploma in industrial design or mechanical engineering.
- The accuracy and the innovation. Strong attention to detail and ability to work through various issues. Highly organized and extremely accurate.
- The drive and motivation. Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles in a time-sensitive environment. Ability to prioritize multiple work streams while remaining calm in a fast-paced department and seek out new projects upon completion.
- The interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. The ability to build relationships and the comfort to reach out to internal and external contacts to request information. The confidence to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- The technical skills. Proficiency in SolidWorks. MS Word and Excel. Experience with a planogram program such as Spaceman would be a bonus.
The Array way.
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.