Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
We are looking for an organized, collaborative Machine Shop Coordinator to join our night shift from 7pm to 7am on an alternating 4 days on / 3 days off schedule. A Machine Shop Coordinator who wants to be accountable for setting up the production line, transferring knowledge with peers and overseeing the daily work of the Machine Operators.
This is a career-building opportunity to join a growing global organization; to be part of continuous improvement processes and the future implementation of a new ERP system as part of our organization-wide transformation.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. You want to step up to a Coordinator role, work with a close, efficient team and be an active contributor to their success. You want the autonomy to make decisions and the trust that you will do your job effectively.
- Impact and exposure. You are looking for a company you can commit to; one where you can build your career into a Group Leader role and beyond. Joining us now during this exciting time of transformation is an exciting opportunity.
What our new Machine Shop Coordinator will do:
- Assist the Warehouse Supervisor. You will help coordinate labor requirements while minimizing overtime to meet customer demand.
- Set up production line to maximize efficiency. You will adhere to quoted labor and material costs. You will work with the setup crew to ensure the lines are laid out according to specifications. You will read CAD drawings, follow instructions and make educated interpretations to accurately include station work elements, labor balancing, equipment needs and incoming and outgoing material flow.
- Collaborate within and across shifts. You will work with Warehouse Supervisors (Group Leaders) and other Team Coordinators to meet labour needs for the business requirements.
- You will ensure material kanban systems and requests are being executed properly by material handlers and operators.
- Build quality into all aspects of work. You will ensure standard work procedures for operators and material handlers are being followed for each production job. You will maintain compliance with all quality requirements and by initiating continuous improvement projects.
- Complete reports. You will ensure job SQDC metrics boards and hour x hour boards are filled out on time and accurately.
- Close out the line. You will initiate output transfer to shrink-wrap and ensure outgoing finished goods reaches warehouse / shipping department on time. You will be accountable for line tear down including material return to stock, storage of assembly fixtures and tool return, and all applicable 5S standards.
So, how do we know you are the new Machine Shop Coordinator? You have:
- The education. Secondary school diploma. Certificate or diploma from a technical school.
- The experience. 1 year as a Coordinator or Senior Line Worker in manufacturing. Expertise with machine operation, reading CAD drawings and using calipers. The ability to learn new systems quickly. Exposure to an ERP such as Industrios and a WIP (work-in-progress) product manufacturing environment is preferred.
- The accuracy and the innovation. Strong attention to detail, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and highly organized. Capable of planning work and managing materials.
- The drive and motivation. Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles. An interest in implementing continuous improvement processes. Flexible, adaptable and with a high sense of urgency and dedication.
- The interpersonal skills. A proven ability to gain the trust of a team and guide their work. Excellent verbal and written communication. The ability to build relationships and collaborate with peers and supervisors.
The Array way
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal / Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.