Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
We are looking for an assertive and meticulous Team and Warehouse Supervisor. A Warehouse Supervisor who can delegate orders, drill down to the root causes of issues - and solve them. We need someone who can oversee the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, coordinating and supporting a team of 15 forklift drivers and order pickers. Someone who can build internal relationships with Manufacturing and Production and confidently communicate with higher level individuals. We need a Warehouse Supervisor with a customer service focus who can take the initiative to take on new projects, introduce processes and proactively manage large volumes of work.
This is a career-building opportunity to join a growing global organization; a chance to have your voice heard and make an impact as we start introducing and implementing new systems as part of our organization-wide transformation.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. You want to work with a close, efficient team and be an active contributor to their success. You want the autonomy to make decisions and the trust that you will do your job effectively.
- Impact and exposure. You want to nurture relationships across departments to help improve the business. You are looking for a company you can commit to; one where you can build your career into a Manager role and beyond. Joining us now during this exciting time of transformation is an exciting opportunity.
- Challenges. You want to step up to the plate to own and drive projects. You want to quickly learn a new ERP system and transfer that knowledge down to your team. You are ready to face a new scenario, new issues and new solutions every day.
What our new Warehouse Supervisor will do:
- Manage day-to-day activities. Plan work for the team and anticipate the need for overtime or additional resources. Review and edit daily attendance.
- Drive production orders. Ensure parts requests are completed in a timely manner. Implement and monitor word procedures for operators and materials handlers. Determine root cause and implement corrective action for warehouse related issues, and inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain high-quality standards. Instill a sense of pride in the team. Ensure department section is meeting 5S standards. Optimize work processes and output to guarantee all deadlines are achieved with no errors.
- Support your team. Develop performance appraisals and determine training needs. Initiate plans to motivate work and increase efficiency while maintaining quality. Resolve conflicts. Deliver first-level disciplinary actions (and escalate serious issues).
- Own the work. Transfer knowledge to the next shift supervisor. Keep aware of upcoming orders and staffing needs. Operate a forklift and pitch in whenever needed.
- Assist the Department and Warehouse Managers. Provide data for reporting. Support and promote continuous improvement initiatives. Develop ideas that support the business. Suggest and take on special projects.
- Maintain the physical condition of the warehouse. Recommend and implement new design layouts to increase efficiency and maximize storage space.
So, how do we know you are the new Warehouse Supervisor? You have:
- The education. Secondary school diploma. Diploma or degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Engineering is a bonus.
- The experience. 2+ years as a Supervisor or Manager in a warehouse, logistics or supply chain environment. Solid technical skills including a familiarity with logistics and inventory warehouse software and the ability to learn new systems quickly. Exposure to ERP systems and a WIP (work-in-progress) product manufacturing environment is preferred.
- The accuracy and innovation. Strong attention to detail, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and highly organized. Capable of planning work and managing a schedule of temporary employees.
- The drive and motivation. Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles. An interest in implementing continuous improvement processes. Flexible, adaptable and with a high sense of urgency and dedication.
- The leadership and interpersonal skills. A proven team leader and coach with the ability to gain the trust of a team and guide their work. Excellent verbal and written communication. The ability to build relationships and the comfort to reach out to internal contacts to request information or suggest ideas. Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
The Array way.
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.