Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
Reporting to our Director, Continuous Improvement, we are adding a Project Manager to our team. Someone who can prioritize the needs of internal and external clients. A Project Manager who has a do-what-it-takes, no detail left unconfirmed approach. Someone with a genuine passion for overseeing the administration of complex, large scale projects. A Project Manager who wants to be a key player on the implementation team leveraging professional experience working from conception to delivery on strategic change and program management projects.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. It’s a step forward for someone with a few years of experience who wants to work under the direction of a supportive manager rolling out an organization-wide transformational project while having the autonomy to make decisions and solve problems.
- Career development. Array is at a pivotal point, gaining new clients and investing in themselves to accelerate their growth. As we push to improve our processes and systems; as we build out our teams, the opportunities for someone starting as a Project Manager includes a deep and rewarding career moving into other roles on the Continuous Improvement team.
As our new Project Manager, you will:
- Plan and execute. You will coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information. You will break projects into doable actions, set timeframes and analyze risks and opportunities.
- Oversee administration. You will help prepare budgets. You will create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Work with the Continuous Improvement team. You will participate in overall program activities including thought leadership, team engagement, agile methodologies and facilitation. You will eliminate blockers and support program management activities in maintaining service excellence.
- Track. You will assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management, using tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures.
- Implement processes. You will create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Issues resolution. You will troubleshoot and solve discrepancies.
- Act as a single point of contact. You will work with internal customers to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives. You will liaise with the project team and communicate the status to all team members. You will facilitate meetings and workshops to support change management efforts with key stakeholders.
So, how do we know you are the new Project Manager? You have:
- The education. You have a university degree in Business Administration. PMP Certification is a plus.
- The experience. You have a minimum of 3 years of project coordination or management experience focused on supporting large scale, complex change projects. You have:
- A passion for working within and supporting transformation initiatives.
- A proven track record in implementing organizational change projects.
- A high attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work products.
- The insights. You can anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving. You can manage client expectations and plan out the detailed steps for solution development and implementation.
- The technical skills. You have expertise in MS Office Suite and project management tools. You learn new technologies easily.
- The communication abilities. You are well spoken and can compose clear, concise business documents efficiently. You can effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
- The flexibility. You are a team player ready to jump in whenever and wherever needed. You take a collaborative approach to your work and yet you thrive in an autonomous role.
The Array way.
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.