Array is transforming. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation to expand around the world.
We are looking for critical thinkers who are meticulous about the small details, are intellectually curious, hard working and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to be part of our transformation, make a difference and chart your own career.
Who we need
Array is seeking an Account Team Manager. This leadership role is based in Manhattan, working out of the Array office, the Brand office, and leveraging our Toronto manufacturing/ project management expertise. You have a background in Visual Merchandising (VM) or Cosmetics Field Sales Management; your experience in VM overhaul/update planning and execution is critical. You have proven success building out and completing the project sales funnel in an Agile work environment. You will have ownership, support and autonomy as you take this next progressive step in your career in cosmetics and visual merchandising Account Management.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Accounts, you will have access to the global resources and technical expertise at Array, plus one-on-one mentorship as you build your career. It’s a chance to own all aspects of the account, to nurture a successful, ongoing client relationship and collaborate closely across multiple internal teams to ensure complete and total client satisfaction. Joining Array now during this period of growth and transformation is an opportunity to drive long and short term strategies and build out our relationship and commitment with our cosmetics luxury and specialty brands.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. It’s a step forward for someone with experience managing a Cosmetics account from the sales or merchandising side of the industry. Array is a world-class employer and one of the largest merchandising companies in the world, known for establishing solid relationships with customers that have lasted decades. This is a chance to work with the biggest and the best on both sides, with the confidence you are providing outstanding service and products to your clients.
- Career development. Array is at a pivotal point, investing in people, systems and new technology to accelerate growth. As we build our teams, the opportunities for someone starting as an Account Team Manager includes the chance to run a full-service team, work with different brands and accounts; and grow your career skill set in an expanding industry.
What our new Account Team Manager will do:
- Identify opportunities for commercial sales growth. Dive into the needs of the client and provide innovation and project management support to deepen their commitment to us.
- Lead a team. Provide managerial leadership for the account team including forecasting, project management, performance feedback, training, performance coaching, communication, motivation, priorities and focus.
- Act as steering lead. Oversee ongoing projects, providing the team with the support they need to remove obstacles, obtain data, meet deadlines and deliver an outstanding and successful product and customer experience, every time.
- Develop a deep and broad understanding of the brand. Work closely with client contacts to record requirements. Complete the client ‘Briefing’ document to ensure an accurate reflection of client requirements and report that to the Array team via project kickoffs and our global Project Management software system.
- Secure new or extended business. Roll up the information into quotation and submit to the client for edits and final approval. Obtain purchase order from the client upon final approvals.
- Develop the project scope documents based on the Briefing document or SOW. Oversee establishing project timelines, milestones and financial metrics. Gain brand, retailer and Array team consensus on project dates and corresponding deliverables from clients.
- Manage projects. Provide end-to-end oversight on all aspects of the project including:
- Project kick-off. Lead meetings and engage appropriate team members and SMEs, ensuring total understanding of project components and individual responsibilities.
- Resource management. Assign accountabilities to the team members with a focus on streamlining processes.
- Change management. Regularly assess project constraints and requirements.
- Communications. Serve as a conduit of information, ensuring transparency and knowledge sharing across all team members. Lead meetings, including daily internal stand ups. Ensure any follow up is initiated and recaps with next actions are circulated.
- Project status. Frequently report on project milestones, client changes and targets.
- Issue resolution. Communicate and elevate client concerns in a timely manner. Act as a point of de-escalation. Ensure resolution of issues internally and with the client.
- Financial review. Drive meticulous forecasting accuracy and conduct analysis to budget completion.
The skills you bring:
- The education. You have a university degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field. Masters Degree is a plus.
- The experience. You have 7-10 years or more of progressive account management and leadership experience, ideally in the Luxury or Specialty cosmetics industry. You have:
- 5 years in client account or brand management.
- 5 years managing a team.
- An enthusiastic and confident personality and can effectively motivate a team. You can prioritize and keep your eye on sizeable, concurrent deliverables.
- Insights into resource management. You know how to organize people and capitalize on their strengths. You have a tolerance for ambiguity and can frame opportunities for synergy and integration.
- A high attention to detail, a commitment to successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously and can give direction to cross-functional teams.
- Exposure to the product manufacturing process as a beneficial skill. You are comfortable on the manufacturing floor.
- The creativity. You enjoy leveraging the creative process to drive solutions in the image-driven Cosmetics business.
- The drive. You take the initiative to solve difficult problems with rigorous logic and methods. You look beyond the obvious and don’t stop at the first answers. You manage deadlines and prioritize deliverables with your client and internally. You can manage client expectations and plan out the detailed steps for solution development and implementation.
- The technical skills. You have expertise in Project Management tools and MS Office Suite. You embrace learning new technologies easily.
- The communication skills. You are articulate and craft clear, concise business documents efficiently. You can effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization. You are naturally looked to for direction in a crisis and you are comfortable facing challenges with a calm and resourceful demeanor.
- The relationship building skills. You know how to foster and nurture trusting relationships. You are empathetic and a champion for the needs of your clients. You understand the constraints of your teams and can tactfully negotiate timelines, requirements and deliverables.
- The flexibility. You have a valid passport and can travel internationally to Canada and possibly Europe or Asia for brief periods when required.
The Array way
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.