Array is transforming. Every day we become a stronger global company. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are transforming our business process leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation.
As we expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to lead our transformation, to make a mark and chart our future and your own career.
Who we need
We are looking for an assertive people manager, forward thinker and meticulous process implementer; a Line Manager who can hold their lines and section accountable for completing work on time, on budget, every time.
This is a hybrid role for someone who is both a nurturing coach and a strategic partner; a Line Manager who can guide the work of the team to improve quality and speed. We need someone who can oversee the operations of an assembly section, collaborate with other leads within manufacturing and plan for orders of varying sizes (from 2 hours to 2000 hours) to ensure we are working optimally, with room to take on each order coming down the pipeline.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. You want to work with a close, efficient team and be an active contributor to their success. You want the autonomy to make decisions and remove roadblocks; the mandate to foster a positive culture of business transformation at the warehouse level; and the opportunity to drill down to the root causes of issues as part of our Assembly team.
- Impact and exposure. You want to nurture relationships across departments to help improve the business. This is a career-building opportunity to join a growing global organization and make an impact as we undergo an exciting organization-wide transformation.
- Challenges. You want to step up to the plate to own and drive projects. Product assembly is a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. It’s a place where continuous improvement, KPIs and project management come together to successfully fulfill orders for the biggest names in the beauty industry. You are ready to face a new scenario, new issues and new solutions every day.
What our new Line Manager will do:
- Collaborate with other Leads. You will:
- Develop an operations improvement road map.
- Identify opportunities for technology solutions and process innovation to drive safety improvement, productivity, cycle time reduction, inventory management and quality.
- Share and exchange operational best practices with other leaders and managers.
- Administer operational procedures. You will develop manufacturing, department and supporting processes and roll out an action plan to sustain daily objectives.
- Create a lean and agile culture within the manufacturing organization. You will:
- Help plan, develop, lead and promote all manufacturing related programs.
- Support implementation of KPI metrics strategy and daily management tracking.
- Assist manufacturing team in achieving business unit strategic plan objectives.
- Create a positive team dynamic. You will:
- Train new leads and supervisors.
- Encourage all employees in their department to provide feedback.
- Encourage the drive for change within the facility.
- Adapt to the ever-changing business strategies while staying focused.
- Reward and recognize performance.
- Execute on progressive discipline, as needed.
- Develop and share best practices across the shifts within department.
- Drive continuous improvement. You will:
- Increase safety, quality, cost, and delivery, while growing and expanding capabilities.
- Assure product and process quality within manufacturing scope.
- Assist C.I. team in the completion of time studies, value stream mapping, 5S and C.I. kaizen events.
So, how do we know you are the new Line Manager? You have:
- The experience. 3-5 years demonstrable expertise:
- Leading a team.
- Implementing process improvement initiatives across operational (manufacturing) and business management settings in any industry.
- Driving Lean strategies at both the executive and associate level and implementing a variety of CI / LSS tools. Continuous Improvement and/or Lean certification is a bonus but not required.
- The accuracy and the innovation. Highly proficient time and project management skills with a strong attention to detail. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and highly organized. Capable of planning work to optimize production and resources.
- The drive and motivation. Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles. Experience driving productivity and SQDC matrix.
- The leadership and interpersonal skills. Experience A proven coach with the ability to build relationships at any level and gain the trust of a team with diverse skill sets and guide their work. Outstanding mentorship skills to increase engagement with improvement tools.
The Array way.
Whether you are working in the engineering department in Long Island, the design studio in Toronto or around the world on the manufacturing floor, Array is a place that invests in our people and recognizes their success. We believe in open, honest communication and the input of all of our employees.
At Array, we foster a culture of mutual respect, innovation, collaboration and pride. From encouraging calculated risks that lead to innovation to providing access to education, on-site learning and the best technology and materials, we promise to provide a safe, creative, ethical and nurturing environment to build a dynamic career.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.